COVID-19 Dispensary Protocol
Effective Friday, March 20th, 2020
We are experiencing a high call volume between the hours of 8AM and 11AM, please be sure to leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can. If your card is expired, you will need to call the dispensary to place a pre-order as Blackbird cannot change your expiration date in the system according to the new VMR memorandum (the Vermont DPS extended all expired cards 90 days). If you place an order and set up an appointment with us, please be sure to come to the dispensary at your designated appointment time.
FOR CVD SOUTH BURLINGTON: due to an increase in early morning pre-scheduled appointments and deliveries, online ordering hours are now 10AM-3:45PM.
Please be patient as we work through these new operational changes.
We sincerely appreciate all of your support during this time.
We are continuing to take the necessary measures to keep you and our staff as safe as possible while events surrounding COVID-19 continue to evolve. We are dedicated to exploring all safe options that will allow us to continue to serve you – and we are in conversation with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) to temporarily modify existing VMR rules and regulations so we can do just that. Yesterday, as a result, two important modifications to the rules were announced through a DPS Memorandum:
Dispensaries may deliver cannabis products to qualified patients and caregivers in a vehicle parked in the dispensary parking lot. We feel that a transition to curbside service will improve our current social distancing efforts, adding increased protection for you and our staff.
Registration Expiration Date Extensions:
Registry identification card expiration dates for current patients, caregivers and dispensary staff have been temporarily extended for 90 days. This applies to those individuals who are currently in the renewal process and have not yet received their new card and anyone moving forward that has an expiration date within the next 90 days.
Important note: The renewal application paperwork still needs to be submitted in order to minimize future disruption.
* * *
New Appointment Guidelines:
- If you are experiencing symptoms related to either the flu or the COVID-19 virus, please refrain from visiting the dispensaries or utilizing our home delivery service. This will help us to maintain the well-being of our community. If you have not done so already, now might be an appropriate time to assign a caregiver that can go to the dispensary and purchase products for you. Download and fill out a caregiver application here.
- In order to minimize exposure for both our registered patients and our staff, all appointments will transition to pre-order/express pick up, either by the Blackbird platform or by phone. If you do not currently utilize the Blackbird platform, our customer service leads can assist you in creating a profile. This platform allows you to review real time inventory at each location and place online orders efficiently. It also offers reward points that can be redeemed for free products. We will have multiple staff members attending to the phones in order to handle the increased traffic. Below is a listing of the active extensions:
SVW: Customer Service Lead (servicing both locations): ext. 758
Brattleboro Reception: 723
Middlebury Reception: 780
CVD: Customer Service Lead (servicing both locations): ext. 709
South Burlington Reception: 760
Burlington Reception: 720
- Our South Burlington hours are now 7 days a week, 9am – 4pm with curbside service only.
- Our Burlington location will be closed effective Friday, 3/20/20.
- Our Middlebury hours are now Wednesday – Saturday, 10am – 5pm with curbside service only.
- Our Brattleboro location will continue to operate through the drive-thru only, Tuesday – Saturday, 9am – 4:30pm.
- All transactions are required to be paid in cash with exact change delivered in an unsealed envelope or with a personal check. Our debit terminals are not wireless, and the building will be closed to all except dispensary staff until future notice. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- The Blackbird loyalty point system will be suspended during this time as visit “check-ins” to the system and reward redemptions need to happen on the iPad. Bringing the iPad curbside would increase interaction times and touch points, something we are trying to reduce. The good news is that our system keeps track of all appointments, and we will be able to enter in your earned cumulative points at a later date. You will be able to redeem them for rewards when we return to indoor appointments.
- Please practice safe social distancing during your time with us at the dispensary or at your home delivery. A summary of safe social distancing can be found in the COVID-19 FAQ section on the VT Department of Health website. In particular, it notes the following in its definition of “close contact:”
“Close contact does not mean: being more than six feet away in the same indoor environment for a long period of time, walking by,
or briefly being in the same room with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.”
* * *
Placing Orders at CVD South Burlington:
- We are continuing to ask that all purchases be pre-ordered via Blackbird. If you are unable to use Blackbird, please call the front desk at (844) 283-9333 Ext. 760 to place your order. You can view our site-specific inventory through our website, regardless of whether or not you have set up your Blackbird account.If using the Blackbird online pre-ordering feature, please ensure you have an accurate cell phone number listed on your account. Be prepared to answer a phone call confirming the order total and to receive detailed instruction on how to pick up curbside. If ordering over the phone, we may have to call you back after the initial order is placed to verify the total due and the appointment time. Please be available for the phone call.
Visiting CVD South Burlington:
- When you arrive on site, please pull your vehicle into the fenced in area located on the north side of the building.
A dispensary staff member will be coming out to your vehicle to verify your VMR card. Please have your card ready to show them. We ask you to keep your window up while showing your card to us.After your VMR card is verified, we will gather your pre-packed order from within the dispensary and return to your vehicle to collect payment and deliver your order to you. CVD staff members will be wearing personal protective equipment.
Placing Orders at SVW Middlebury:
- We are continuing to ask that all purchases be pre-ordered via Blackbird. If you are unable to use Blackbird, please call the front desk at (844) 789-9333 Ext. 780 to place your order. You can view our site-specific inventory through our website, regardless of whether or not you have set up your Blackbird account.If using the Blackbird online pre-ordering feature, please ensure you have an accurate cell phone number listed on your account. Be prepared to answer a phone call confirming the order total and to receive detailed instruction on how to pick up curbside. If ordering over the phone, we may have to call you back after the initial order is placed to verify the total due and the appointment time. Please be available for the phone call.
Visiting SVW Middlebury:
- When you arrive on site please remain in your vehicle. A SVW dispensary staff member will be coming out to your vehicle to verify your VMR card. Please have it ready to show them. We ask you to keep your window up while showing your card to us.After your VMR card is confirmed to be active, we will gather your pre-packed order and return to your vehicle to collect payment and deliver your order to you. SVW staff members will be wearing personal protective equipment.
* * *
New Home Delivery Guidelines:
- In an effort to reduce cash handling and person to person interaction, we request that all home delivery payments be done with a check. Please have the check written for the exact amount prior to delivery. If you do not bank with checks, please be sure to have the exact amount of cash ready in an envelope for the driver.
- Please be prepared to receive your delivery before our driver arrives so that we may increase efficiency. You can review our Home Delivery Agreement here. We are experiencing elevated demand for our home delivery service during this time and want to maintain a timely schedule for all on route.
- The home delivery fee is temporarily waived for all registered patients.
- The $100 minimum order requirement for home delivery is waived for Burlington residents only. We understand that closing the downtown dispensary presents a challenge to this population, many of whom are without easy access to transportation.
* * *
New Organizational Protocols:
- We will be performing a thorough sanitation protocol every hour which will address the most commonly used surfaces.
- We are encouraging all workers who have the ability to work from home to do so.
Ceres Natural Remedies Hours of Operation:
- Burlington Flagship Store: This location will operate with reduced hours, Wednesday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm.
We strongly suggest you order online (all orders in Vermont will receive free shipping). Use this promo code to receive an increased 15% discount: SHOPCBDSAFE
- Brattleboro: The CBD Drive Thru will remain open to patients and the public. The actual retail store will be closed. Be advised that the drive-thru menu is a condensed version of what is available in the store. If you depend on products not represented on this menu, please coordinate with customer service to have your preferred product added to your dispensary order.
- Middlebury: This location will be open for patients only. The public will be guided to purchase online.
Our top priority is and will always be the safety of our patients and staff. The current events surrounding COVID-19 have prompted us to take precautions to reduce exposure to this virus. A considerable percentage of our registered patients are within the “at risk population” as defined by health officials, a reality we take very seriously.
We realize that this may be an unnerving time for some. We feel deeply for those who have been affected, and are grateful to report that no one associated with our organization has contracted COVID-19.
Thank you for your attention to this very important matter and thank you in advance for your efforts. We are encouraging everyone to join us in supporting their communities and local businesses as safely as possible during this time. Rest assured, if we become aware of any condition that affects the safety of our patients and staff we will address it immediately. We are confident that by working together and maintaining healthy channels of communication we can be best prepared for any challenges that lay ahead.
Yours in health,
Champlain Valley Dispensary & Southern Vermont Wellness