- This event has passed.
Medical Cannabis & the Future of the VMR: Make Your Voice Heard at the Statehouse
January 23 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PMFree
*PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS FOR VMR PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS ONLY*
Your story matters.
Vermont Marijuana Registry (VMR) patients are welcomed to join us on Thursday, January 23rd for an evening of discussion (and more) in preparation for the upcoming legislative session. Listening to the voices of our our patients’ and their caregivers’ are essential to the development of a well functioning VMR. It is imperative that we work together to communicate our shared experiences and concerns this legislative session so that registered patients, caregivers, and would-be registrants can have easier access to safe, effective, and affordable medicinal cannabis.
Speakers will include VCTA lobbyists, Virginia Renfrew and David Mickenberg, as well as CVD Executive Director, Shayne Lynn.
We look forward to seeing you soon for this important conversation.
WHEN: January 23rd, 2020 — 5:30pm to 7:30pm
WHERE: Ceres Natural Remedies, 190 College Street, Burlington
The purpose of the event is threefold:
1. To provide context on the historical development of the VMR and to educate about our lobbying efforts, past and present.
2. To answer questions and listen to the perspectives of the audience.
3. To provide the opportunity to VMR patients and caregivers to give video testimony (up to 30 seconds) to legislators. Our intention is to prepare a video montage of 30 patient and caregiver perspectives that we can enter into the record. This will guarantee that your voice will be heard.
Caregivers welcome! Want to bring a friend? +1 only, please! Your +1 does not need to be registered with the VMR. Due to capacity constraints at Ceres, we are only able to welcome 80 people to this event. We imagine that interest will be high, so please reserve your space as soon as possible. Patients and caregivers must present their VMR ID card at the door to attend.
An RSVP is necessary for attendance.
• Light refreshments will be provided.
• Private recording sessions will be available for you to voice your thoughts on the medical program. Your name will not be shared publicly, though your image will be used, you will not be identified.
• CVD/SVW patients and caregivers earn 30 Blackbird reward points at the event check-in.