A Message on Vape Safety
Recent reports have highlighted serious health issues potentially linked to vape. We realize your concern when it comes to your health and the safety of the products you consume. We want to assure you that Champlain Valley Dispensary and Southern Vermont Wellness have always taken the greatest care when it comes to the quality of our patients’ medicine.
What We Know
- Federal officials have not pinpointed a specific vape device, liquid or ingredient that has been tied to the recent health concerns. However, the FDA and other federal regulatory agencies advise consumers to avoid buying vape products from the illegal or illicit market. They are unregulated, untested, and could be contaminated.
- Of the sampled products that have been collected and investigated, one ingredient has been identified that is common to the majority: vitamin E acetate. This ingredient is not included in any of the vape formulas that we produce and sell.
- Those affected by the illnesses have reported recently using nicotine e-cigarettes, cannabis vape cartridges or both. To date, all but one of the cannabis vape products potentially in question were purchased illegally through the black market.
- Mitch Zeller, Director at the F.D.A.’s Center for Tobacco Products, provides this warning: “If you’re thinking of purchasing one of these products off the street, out of the back of a car, out of a trunk, in an alley, or if you’re going to then go home and make modifications to the product yourself using something that you purchased from some third party or got from a friend, think twice.”
- Champlain Valley Dispensary and Southern Vermont Wellness are licensed producers of Organa Brands vape products. You’ll recognize them as O.penVAPE cartridges and batteries. Organa Brands is recognized as a leader in plant extraction technology in the United States. Organa Brands have been creating cannabis vape formulations since 2012. To date, there have been no confirmed cases of harm associated with their products in any of the states or countries that their licensed formulas are created and sold.
A Message from O.penVAPE
It remains necessary to note that despite our confidence in our organization’s quality control and the seven year history of safe use with Organa Brands products, there is no long term safety data on the repeated, long term use of cannabis/hemp extracts (inhaled as vapor), the excipients often used in formulation with these extracts, and the technology that accompanies them.
The cannabis and hemp industries currently lack clear federal and state guidelines with respect to lab testing. Champlain Valley Dispensary and Southern Vermont Wellness continue to advocate for standardized testing of cannabis and CBD products in Vermont. We hope the industry, and the regulatory bodies, follow our lead. We encourage you to reach out to your local representative and voice your opinion on this serious matter. You can find your local representative here.
Lastly, if you have a qualifying condition that involves chronic respiratory issues, we advise that you speak with your Health Care Professional (HCP) about which products are safest for you to consume. At Champlain Valley Dispensary and Southern Vermont Wellness, we offer a wide variety of infused products that can serve as alternatives, if needed, to smoking or vape. We invite you and/or your HCP to speak with us to learn more about our menu of products. Inquiries should be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.